Some Important Two Marks Questions For 10Th Class Students in Biological Science
1. State two similarities between aerobic and anaerobic respiration?
2. What happens to plant if the rate of respiration becomes more than the rate of photosynthesis?
3. Draw a brief diagram showing from water absorption by roots to transpiration by leaf?
4. Imagine what happens if waste materials are not sent out of the body from time to time?
5. Nature selects only desirable characters. Prepare a cartoon.
6. What precautions will you take to keep away from various sexually transmitted diseases?
7. Distinguish between.
a) Stimulus and Response.
b) Afferent and efferent nerves.
8. What will happen if cell sap of root hair cells contains high concentration of Ions?
9. If there were no Green plants, all life on the earth would come to an end. Comment.
10. The mere smell or sight of food stimulates hunger. Describe the process through a neat diagram.
11. List of the things that make you amazing in excretory system of human being?
12. Deepak said that "Nephrons are functional and structural units of kindneys". How will you support him?
13. What do pyramids and food chain indicate in an eco system?
14. When you visit a doctor, what types of questions ask him about pancreas?
15. What is root pressure? How it is useful to the plant?
16. What are the gum yielding trees in your surroundings? What procedure you should follow to collect gum from trees?
17. What would be the consequences if there is no meiosis in organisms that reproduce sexually?
18."Rajesh feels hungry upon seeing food. Sheela says no to food as she is not hungry". What makes Rajesh hungry and what suppresses Sheela's hunger?
19. What is a Synapse? How is it useful in transfer of information?
20. What will happen if we remove predators from food web?
21. Draw the block diagram showing sensation of taste from food material to brain.
22. Why do you think that carbohydrates are not digested in the stomach?
23. List out the things that make you amazing in excretory system of human being.
24. Suggest any three programmes on prevention of soil pollution in view of avoiding pesticides.
25. What is the role of saliva in food digestion?
26. To keep your kidneys healthy for long period, what questions will you ask a Nephrologists/ Urologist?
27. What do you want to compare with the transportation in blood vessels in man?
28. Describe the flow chart of the 'pathway of air'?
29. Deepak said that 'Nephrons are structural - functional units of kidneys'. How will you support him?
30. Write the uses of fermentation in our daily life?
31. Satish went on a trekking camp with his college team. He carried an Oxygen cylinder on his back. When he reached high altitude, he faced problem with the supply of Oxygen through the cylinder due to some technical problem. He suffered a lot and felt suffocation. Can you explain why this happened?
32. Karuna's uncle was admitted in hospital with a kidney problem. When Karuna went to see him, she saw that her uncle was undergoing a process that was filtering wastes in his kidney. If you were Karuna, what questions would you ask the doctor about this process?
33. Why is Adrenaline hormone called as fight and flight hormone? Give your reasons as per your understanding.
34. Prepare 4 slogans or a poster on the benefits of solar energy.
35. If the valves in veins of the legs fail to stop flow of the blood, what could be the consequences of this failure?
36. Deepak said that "Nephrons are functional units of kidneys". How will you support him?
37. You are walking in the traffic suddenly you heard a loud sound. How coordination takes place in this situation among respected organs? Draw a block diagram to explain this situation.
38. These days we see so many people who get affected by Dengue fever and Malaria. Write few slogans about the prevention of these diseases and write the symptoms of Dengue fever and Malaria.
39. Almost all the living world depends on plants for food material. How do you appreciate the process of making food by the green plants?
40. Draw a block diagram to explain single and double circulation. Write differences between them.
41. 'All unicellular organisms undergo only mitotic cell division during favorable conditions'. Do you support this statement? Why?
42. Male is responsible for sex determination of baby, do you agree? If so, write your answer with a flow chart.
43. We often keep a plastic bag in our dustbins to discard waste. Is it a good practice?
44. What happens to plant if the rate of respiration becomes more than the rate of photosynthesis?
45. Why does the rate of breathing increase while walking uphill at a normal pace in the mountains? Give two reasons.
46. Organs respond to the external stimulus by a fraction of second. How do you feel about such controlling mechanism of human body?
47. Explain the process of recycling plastic. Give the reason for recycling plastic.
48. Give reasons
i) If we press tongue against the palate we can recognize taste easily.
ii) We can't identify taste when food is very hot.
iii) If glucose level falls in blood we feel hungry.
iv) Urination increases when we take lot of fluids.
49. Take a small potted plant. Cover base portion of the plant tightly and hang the part upside down. Observe the plant for a week. Based on your observation how can you support phototropism?
50. To keep your kidneys healthy for long period, what questions will you ask a nephrologists / urologist?
51. Write slogans on the conservation of natural resources.
52. What questions will you ask a doctor to know about the heart, the heartbeat, blood pressure, and hypertension?
53. Which plants in your living environment secrete gums? What method will you follow to collect gums from the plants?
54. Make a list of five environmentalists working in different areas, regions or parts of the country. Also, list five powerful environmental movements.
55. On what factors does the rate of heart depend on?
56. A discussion on the metabolic activities occurring in human body was going on in a classroom. Swapna said that Homeostasis is a process where the liquid level in different parts of the body is kept constant. Teja said Homeostasis is a part of excretion. Whom will you support? Give reasons.
57. What questions would you ask a scientist about the aeration of roots, if you happen to visit a science center?
58. Find out the reasons for floods in a city or big town and suggest measures to check it.
59. Draw a block diagram showing the path way of excretory system in human being.
60. You are walking in the traffic; suddenly you heard a loud sound. How coordination takes place in this situation among respected organs? Draw a block diagram to explain this situation.
61. What would be the consequences if there is no meiosis seen in all organisms?
62. What is mastication? Explain the role of different teeth in this process.
63. Identify the situations where wastes are produced at your home or school. What measures are you going to follow to reduce this problem?
64. What will happen if green plants absent on the earth?
65. What are the precautions take a healthy person to avoid indigestion?
66. What is balance diet? Explain some nutrition deficiency diseases.
67. Mountain two similarities between aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
68. Why do deep sea divers carry oxygen cylinders with them for breathing when they go under the sea?
69. Which type of blood vessels carry blood away from the heart?
70. What is root pressure? How is it useful to the plant?
71. Deepak said "Nephrons are structural − functional units of kidney's". How will you support him?
72. Imagine what happens, if waste materials are not sent out of the body from time to time.
73. How do unicellular organisms remove waste products?
74. How does phototropism occur in plants?
75. Describe about spinal cord functions.
76. What is external fertilization? Give examples.
77. How do you feel about healthy society?
78. What happens taste response when we drink hot tea or milk?
79. What is Mastication? Explain the role of different sets of teeth in this process.
80. Write about evidence of evolution.
81. What is Niche? How it is different from habitat?
82. Write about ecological pyramids?
83. "Forest is a renewable resource". Describe.