1. Describe the structure of nephron with the help of diagram?
2. Make a flow chart to show the cell cycle and explain cell division describing different stages of mitosis?
3. What are the different modes of a sexual reproduction? Cite them with examples.
4. Explain monohybrid experiment with an example. Which law of inheritance can we understand? Explain.
5. What experiment do you prefer to understand action of saliva on flour? Explain its procedure and apparatus that you followed.
6. What procedure do you follow to understand the effect of plant growth hormones (in agar median) in the terminal portion of the tip of stem (coleoptiles)?
7. Prepare a cartoon on Pavlov's experiment with suitable caption!
8. Proper utilization of natural resources is the way to show gratitude to our nation. Can you support this statement? Give your argument.
9. Explain the way how plants get water by Osmosis through root hair?
10. Give an example and explain how plants may immediately respond to a stimulus?
11. How scientists prove that the food is transported through the phloem?
12. What procedure do you follow to understand anaerobic respiration in your school laboratory?
13. With the help of chemical equation explain in the process of photosynthesis in detail with the help of flow chart.
14. Prepare a flow chart to explain the process of sexual reproduction in plants.
15. Collect information about carbonating method. Write the discussion with your Physical Science teacher and between you.
16. What type of information do you require to explain Pyramid of biomass?
17. How is the small intestine design to absorb digested food? Explain.
18. Draw a checker board, show the law of Independent assortment with a flow chart and explain the reaction.
19. What is malnutrition? Explain some nutrition deficiency diseases?
20. Write differences between
a) Light reaction -Dark reaction
b) Chlorophyll -Chloroplast
21. How would you demonstrate that Green Plants release Oxygen when exposed to light?
22. What procedure do you follow to understand anaerobic respiration in your school laboratory?
23. Collect the information about uses of different kinds of alkaloids, take help of Library or Internet.
24. Drawing a block diagram showing events in respiration.
25. Draw a checker board, show the law of independent assortment with a flow chart and explain the ratio.
26. What is malnutrition? Explain some nutrition deficiency diseases?
27. Write differences between:
a) Veins −Arteries
b) Xylem –Phloem
c) Systole -Diastole
28. What process do you follow in your laboratory to study the presence of starch in leaves?
29. Observe a plant in your garden and write a note on producer − consumers relationship.
30. Describe the structure of renal tubule with neatly labeled diagram?
31. Draw a block diagram showing events in respiration. Write what you understand about cellular respiration?
32. What are your observations in combustion of sugar activity?
33. Collect and write the information about respiratory diseases because of pollution and tobacco.
34. What are the factors necessary for the process of photosynthesis? Write the details and your analysis on how they help in photosynthesis in a tabular form.
35. Write the differences between arteries, veins and capillaries
36. Rajesh concluded from the experiment conducted in his school that Carbon dioxide is released during anaerobic respiration. He recorded the details of the experiment in his lab record. Can you identify the experiment and write it?
37. Draw a flow chart of events/steps in Respiration.
38. Why do some people need to use a dialysis machine? Explain the principle involved in.
39. Saleem observed the experiment demonstrated by his teacher in his Biology class. He saw that the teacher used a plant to demonstrate the uplift of water from the soil into the plants. He recorded his observations and inferences in his lab record. Can you identify the experiment he has observed? Write it.
40. How can you prove that the water transport through the xylem?
41. It has been found that all movements of breathing stop at once when the nerves leading from the brain to the respiratory muscles are cut.
Now answer the following questions:
1. What can be concluded from this?
2. What happens during the process of breathing?
3. Which gas needs to be removed from our body during exhalation?
4. Where does the extra amount of gas come from?
5. What is the composition of inhaled air?
6. When compare with inhaled air is there any difference in composition of exhaled air?
42. Prepare a block diagram showing from water absorption by roots to transpiration by leaf and explain the process through description or a flow chart.
43. Distinguish between
a) Stimulus and Response
b) Afferent and Efferent nerves
c) Central nervous system and peripheral nervous system
d) Receptor and effecter
44. Why do some people need to use a dialysis machine? Explain the principle involved in it. Write about the process of dialysis the way you understood it
45. Write differences between
a) Autotrophic − Heterotrophic nutrition
b) Light reaction − Dark reaction
46. How would you demonstrate that green plants released oxygen when exposed to light?
47. Give reasons
a) Why photosynthesis is considered as the basic energy source for most of living world?
b) Why is it better to call the dark phase of photosynthesis as a light independent phase?
c) Why is it necessary to destrach a plant before performing any experiment on photosynthesis?
d) Why is it not possible to demonstrate respiration in green plant kept in sunlight?
48. What procedure you followed to understand aerobic respiration in your school laboratory?
49. What is transpiration? How can you explain it?
50. Prepare a table the plants with alkaloids, parts and their uses.
51. What are the differences between sexual and sexual reproduction?
52. Why do you think small intestine is long and coiled?
53. Why Mendal had choosen garden pea as material for his experiments?